Sushi Database (With Calories Count)
- Maki - Ingredients wrapped in Nori(Seaweed). Four types of Maki.
- Inari - Fried Tofu act as a container that holds the ingredients.
- Narezushi - Fermented fish used as main ingredient.
- Nigiri - Ingredients pressed into shape by sushi chef.
- Oshizushi - Sushi is molded by a box.
- Chirashizushi - Bowl of rice with many types of ingredients, also called scattered sushi.
- Note * Raw fish or meat sliced and served without using rice is called sashimi. Read more on the difference between Sushi and Sashimi.
The increasing popularity of sushi outside of Japan has resulted in other ingredients such as avocado, cucumber, okara, fake crab meat(pollock), fruits and other varieties of meats and sauces.
Sushi List with Calories Info (Constantly Updated)
A shelffish high in glycogen which gives its taste and sweetness. Very soft in texture.
Squid has a tough texture to it. With sweet flavors, requires a bit more chewing, but the flavors in each chew is explosive. Click here for more details on Ika.
Similar to a Spicy Tuna Roll which has fillings of smelt roe, spicy sauce and avocado.
|Tuna, Spicy Tuna, Smelt Roe, Spicy Sauce, Avocado||440||United States|
This roll has 2 main ingredients, barbecued eel and avocado, which give it a soft texture and a sweet taste.
|Avocado, Barbecue Eel, Eel||372||Japan|
Low in price since this type of fish is abundant. One of the most healthiest type of fish but not very popular. Served cooked but can eaten Raw(must eaten after caught) Oily and dry texture. Tends to spoil fast, so do not take out.
|Salmon Roe (Ikura)||
Roe is the fully ripe internal egg masses in the ovaries. The roe of the Salmon is removed and marinated in soy sauce and sake. It is then wrapped in Nori.
|Salmon Roe, Salmon||40||Japan|
|Salmon Skin Roll||
Popular in North America. Has a nice crispy sweet taste. Main ingredient is Grilled Salmon Skin which is packed with nutrients.
|Salmon, Grilled Salmon Skin, Avocado||245||United States|
A small and tasty fish that is served with a dash lemon juice. Very affordable and one of the healthiest fish.
|Tuna Belly (Otoro)||
The highest fat content of the Belly(under-belly) is rich in Omega 3. Can be confused with toro, but is distinctive by the vibrant white colored lines. Highly prized and not popular outside of Japan. Different grades are given to the quality of the Otoro just like grading Steak.
|Tuna, Tuna Belly||70||Japan|