Space food for Japanese Astronauts? Check these out...
When you think of astronauts going into space, do you ever think what kind of food they eat?
The Aerospace agency in Japan has chosen just over 30 Japanese dishes to be included in future mission. You can see the list here.
Here is some of the food items that we found interesting:
- Grilled Beef Ribs (Karubi)
- Sweet Bun
- Wagyu Beef Keema Curry
- Japanese Spiny Lobster in Chili Sauce
- KOUBAI Seasoned Dried Seaweed in Package
- Simmered Deep-Fried Eggplant
- Miso Soup
- Ton Jiru (Pork & Vegetable Miso Soup)
- Spinach with Sesame Dressing
- Usuzumi Jellied Sweet Bean Paste ‘Yokan
You are probably thinking WOW!, I would love to eat any of these food items in a restaurant. What is more impressive is the way they are packaged as seen below.
All images are courtesy of Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency.