Recipe: Marinated Tuna Salad (Maguro No Zuke Salada)
For those who live in North America, most of the fresh tuna you'll come across is what the Japanese market considers lean red meat, which is ideal for this salad recipe. What you'll need:
- 14 oz. of fresh lean tuna
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sake
- 1 tablespoon of wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon of mirin
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 scallions finely diced
- 4 green perilla (Shiso) leaves, diced finely
What to do:
- Cut your tuna into 1 inch cubes and place them into a bowl.
- Combine ingredients into a bowl and mix well - This is your marinade.
- Add tuna to the marinade and let sit for around 10 minutes prior to serving.
Tip: Have 2 teaspoons of roasted sesame seeds on hand for garnishing.